Equus: A Complete Play Guide for AS & A Level Drama
Peter Schaffer’s controversial depiction of a disturbed young man with an unusual obsession makes for a challenging yet rewarding study.
Its unique melding of psychological realism and stylistic expressionism offers students flexible and exciting possibilities for performance and design.
Fantastically clear explanations, in-depth analysis of key dramatic and theatrical aspects, and a wealth of engaging practical and non-practical activities. Your students will know Equus inside out:
- Introductory notes and exploratory activities ensure full understanding of the social, historical, cultural, textual and theatrical contexts
- Scene-by-scene walk-through includes detailed analysis of the relevant performance aspects, with plenty of opportunity for practical investigation and independent study
- Production concepts and performance strategies cover character, design, staging, practitioners and more
- Includes indicative content for all activities to support your teaching and your students
- With key terms glossary – perfect for revision!
Specifically geared towards the AS and A Level text-based question, this thrilling pack is your one-stop shop!