Technical Learning Grids for AS / A Level AQA PE
A brilliant idea designed to support less academic students. Students have to read their textbook/notes to complete a grid of questions following the AQA A Level specification section by section. Cross-referencing to the ZigZag Course Companion and to the AQA-approved textbooks ensures a structured reading of the text.
Students comment on it being most helpful as a revision resource
This is a saviour for those students who find learning difficult and motivation for the less willing. Leads to active learning, identification of key points and the structuring of information.
- Questions cover all assessment objectives – developing students’ ability to demonstrate knowledge, apply understanding and evaluate factors underpinning performance
- Full specification coverage – great for using as revision notes
- Particularly supports 'hands-on' learners who need to write information to absorb it
- ZigZag Education Course Companions for OCR AS and A Level PE
- OCR A Level PE Book 1, by John Honeybourne and Sarah Powell (Hodder Education Group, 2012, ISBN 978-1444187274)
What do teachers say about this resource? (9230)
Detailed yet concise to cover the entire course accurately. Good mix of relevant photographs/pictures with supporting diagrams. A very user friendly document – the learner can use the grid as a tick box/tracker if shaded in (green/amber/red) to show their understanding.
What do teachers say about this resource? (7999)
It lays out the knowledge in a way that is easier to digest and consolidate. Students comment on it being most helpful as a revision resource.
Useful for lower ability pupils to use for making notes/revision of sections.
- 2018 exams
- A level
- A level 9-1
- Applied anatomy and physiology
- Contemporary issues in Physical Activity and Sport
- Exercise physiology
- First teaching 2016
- Physical Education
- Quantitative skills.
- Skill acquisition
- Sport and Society
- Sports Psychology
- Technology in sport