Technical Learning Grids for AS / A Level AQA PE
A brilliant idea designed to support less academic students. Students have to read their textbook/notes to complete a grid of questions following the AQA A Level specification section by section. Cross-referencing to the ZigZag Course Companion and to the AQA-approved textbooks ensures a structured reading of the text.
Students comment on it being most helpful as a revision resource
This is a saviour for those students who find learning difficult and motivation for the less willing. Leads to active learning, identification of key points and the structuring of information.
- Questions cover all assessment objectives – developing students’ ability to demonstrate knowledge, apply understanding and evaluate factors underpinning performance
- Full specification coverage – great for using as revision notes
- Particularly supports 'hands-on' learners who need to write information to absorb it
- ZigZag Education Course Companions for AQA AS and A Level PE
- Hodder Education textbook AQA A Level PE Book 1 for Year 1 and AS (ISBN 978-1471859571) and Book 2 for year 2 (ISBN 978-1471859595), by Carl Atherton, Symond Burrows, Ross Howitt and Sue Young
What do teachers say about this resource? (9230)
Detailed yet concise to cover the entire course accurately. Good mix of relevant photographs/pictures with supporting diagrams. A very user friendly document – the learner can use the grid as a tick box/tracker if shaded in (green/amber/red) to show their understanding.
Useful revision tool for pupils to review each topic and answer key points on each area. Well-spaced at giving a variety of different questions for pupils to answer. Highlights to pupils and staff if they have any weaknesses. Would recommend this as a useful learning revision tool. It matches to topic areas well.
What do teachers say about this resource? (7999)
It lays out the knowledge in a way that is easier to digest and consolidate. Students comment on it being most helpful as a revision resource.
Useful for lower ability pupils to use for making notes/revision of sections.
- 3.1 Factors affecting participation in physical activity and sport
- 3.1.1 Applied anatomy and physiology
- 3.1.2 Skill acquisition
- 3.1.3 Sport and society
- 3.2 Factors affecting optimal performance in physical activity and sport
- 3.2.1 Exercise physiology
- 3.2.2 Biomechanical movement
- 3.2.3 Sport psychology
- 3.2.4 Sport and society and the role of technology in physical activity and sport
- A Level AQA Physical Education (7581/7582)
- A Level Learning Grids
- A Level PE
- A Level PE Technical Learning Grids
- A Level Technical Learning Grids
- AS PE
- PE Learning Grids