Technical Learning Grids for A Level AQA PE
A brilliant idea designed to support practical-minded students!
Useful for lower ability pupils to use for making notes/revision of sections
Students read their textbook/notes to complete a grid of questions covering the AQA A Level specification in exact order. Cross-referenced to the ZigZag Course Companion and to the AQA-approved textbooks.
The structured and active learning method helps students identify the key concepts and build confidence. It is brilliant for students who learn best by doing.
Dramatically improves learning for learners in need of additional support; highly motivating.
Students comment on it being most helpful as a revision resource
- Requires minimal teacher planning and input – great for cover lessons
- An easy-to-set, valuable homework option
- Pinpoint topic strengths and weaknesses for targeted support
Highlights to pupils and staff if they have any weaknesses
- ZigZag Education Course Companions for AQA AS and A Level PE
- Hodder Education textbook AQA A Level PE Book 1 for Year 1 and AS (ISBN 978-1471859571) and Book 2 for year 2 (ISBN 978-1471859595), by Carl Atherton, Symond Burrows, Ross Howitt and Sue Young
What do teachers say about this resource? (9230)
Detailed yet concise to cover the entire course accurately. Good mix of relevant photographs/pictures with supporting diagrams. A very user friendly document – the learner can use the grid as a tick box/tracker if shaded in (green/amber/red) to show their understanding.
Useful revision tool for pupils to review each topic and answer key points on each area. Well-spaced at giving a variety of different questions for pupils to answer. Highlights to pupils and staff if they have any weaknesses. Would recommend this as a useful learning revision tool. It matches to topic areas well.
What do teachers say about this resource? (7999)
It lays out the knowledge in a way that is easier to digest and consolidate. Students comment on it being most helpful as a revision resource.
Useful for lower ability pupils to use for making notes/revision of sections.
- 3.1 Factors affecting participation in physical activity and sport
- 3.1.1 Applied anatomy and physiology
- 3.1.2 Skill acquisition
- 3.1.3 Sport and society
- 3.2 Factors affecting optimal performance in physical activity and sport
- 3.2.1 Exercise physiology
- 3.2.2 Biomechanical movement
- 3.2.3 Sport psychology
- 3.2.4 Sport and society and the role of technology in physical activity and sport
- A Level AQA Physical Education (7581/7582)
- A Level Learning Grids
- A Level PE
- A Level PE Technical Learning Grids
- A Level Technical Learning Grids
- AS PE
- PE Learning Grids