Starters and Plenaries for WJEC GCSE PE
Inject pace into your lessons and get across the finishing line with these short and stimulating starters and plenaries. Full specification coverage in spec order, designed explicitly for the WJEC GCSE PE specification.
64 write-on in-class activities have been carefully designed with a strong focus on classroom learning.
The language used is suitable for GCSE audience...
...There is just enough text in the starters and plenaries to keep students engaged and not overwhelmed
- Perfect mixture of activities to motivate and enthuse all learning styles
- Visual and clear links to sporting examples empower deeper understanding and application of knowledge
- Ideal blend of individual, paired, small-group and whole-class activities develops independent and cooperative learning methods
- Includes opportunity for data interpretation and analysis
- Complete teacher’s notes with clear learning aims
- Instructions and answers for every activity
What do teachers say about this resource? (7926, 7927)
I think this is a valuable resource. The language used is suitable for GCSE audience and there is a large variety of worksheet types. The fact that some are competitions against other students will keep students interest. There is just enough text in the starters and plenaries to keep students engaged and not overwhelmed. This can also be said for terminology in the text. Variety of worksheet types and straightforward formats... [this] will enhance a tutor’s lesson. Students can give their own descriptions to show understanding, but they are also learning the correct terminology to enhance their own learning. Explanation of how to complete the work is straightforward and knowledge base is there for the higher ability to pick up on vocabulary. I spend a lot of time making interactive resources to engage the learner and this has it all!
- GCSE PE
- GCSE WJEC Physical Education (3550/3555)
- Introduction to physical education
- Health, training and exercise
- Exercise physiology
- Movement analysis
- Psychology of sport and physical activity
- Socio-cultural issues in sport and physical activity
- GCSE Starters and Plenaries
- GCSE PE Starters and Plenaries
- starters and plenaries for PE