Doctor Faustus: A Complete Text Guide for AS & A Level Drama
The ultimate tale of destruction and damnation! Christopher Marlowe’s depiction of Faustus’ downfall offers students the opportunity to unravel and reinterpret complex themes for a contemporary audience.
Fantastically clear explanations, in-depth analysis of key dramatic and theatrical aspects, and a wealth of engaging practical and non-practical activities. Your students will know Doctor Faustus inside out:
- Introductory notes and exploratory activities ensure full understanding of the social, historical, cultural, textual and theatrical contexts
- Scene-by-scene walk-through includes detailed analysis of the relevant performance aspects, with plenty of opportunity for practical investigation and independent study
- Production concepts and performance strategies cover character, design, staging, practitioners and more
- Includes indicative content for all activities to support your teaching and your students
- With key terms glossary – perfect for revision!
Specifically geared towards the A Level text-based question, this thrilling pack is your one-stop shop!
What do teachers have to say about this resource? (7626)
A brilliant resource and teaching aid. The notes explain in detail the context of the play and challenge students to approach the text through a variety of different learning styles. The text constantly references the fact that students should be developing their own concept for the play and offers them a range of different ways to do this." K Bevan, Drama Teacher