Blood Brothers: Springboard Scheme of Work for GCSE Drama
- AQA 2016 spec
- OCR 2016 spec
Introduce Willy Russell’s modern classic in a practical way with this eight-lesson, ready-to-use springboard scheme of work!
Covering key thematic and theatrical elements, it will help students to gain solid grounding of the events of the text while exploring performance, design and directorial aspects:
- Eight one-hour lessons explore all relevant aspects of the play – including context, characters, themes, form, and staging
- Chronological exploration via key scenes
- Lesson plans with starters, mains, plenaries and homeworks, plus plenty of ideas for differentiation
- Variety of practical activities engages students with active exploration, experimentation and peer- and self-evaluation
- Ready-to-use handouts mean minimal preparation – also perfect as quick, end-of-year revision sheets!
Fully geared towards the 2016 GCSE Drama specifications, these exciting and engaging lessons will increase students’ core knowledge – and develop crucial dramatic skills.
Perfect preparation for not only the written exam, but for any other component of the course!
Tasks are adaptable across specifications and the author has provided a range of supporting documents… I could imagine using this with my students Evie Haynes, Drama teacher, HoD and Independent Reviewer