GCSE Eduqas Set Extract Analysis: Mozart and Rainbow (exams from 2018)
Mozart: Eine Kleine Nachtmusik (Movement 3, Minuet and Trio) and Rainbow: ‘Since You’ve Been Gone’
Get your whole class totally familiar with these two very different set extracts for GCSE Eduqas Music.
This supportive, confidence-building resource will guide your students through each piece, encouraging them to discover the analysis for themselves and developing listening and appraising skills for the exam.
- Need-to-know context and pre-listening ‘Do It Yourself!’ tasks build a firm foundation for learning.
- Plus! Introduction to keys, chords and transposing instruments for the Mozart extract makes Classical techniques accessible.
- Guided bar-by-bar analysis works through the piece in manageable sections. Supported with annotated score extracts and student-friendly key term definitions.
- Regular consolidation tasks encourage engagement, and build confidence to apply theory independently. Answers included!
- Revision tools – including a quick-glance overview structured by musical element, and a comprehensive glossary – strengthen knowledge and understanding.
- A range of exam-style questions with full mark schemes – perfect preparation for the listening paper.
Integrate into your class teaching, or set for independent learning – it’s up to you!