AS OCR Prescribed Work Analysis – Optional Areas of Study (2017 exams)
A very helpful resource for teachers and students... J Trueman, Music Teacher & Independent Reviewer
Get prepared for the challenging optional OCR AS Music options. With no scores or recordings in the exam, students need to know their piece like the back of their hand. With our analysis resources, your class will become set-work experts – and ready to show it by writing a top essay.
Four steps to exam success:
- Set the music in context with relevant historical and cultural information.
- Follow along with in-depth analysis, combining comprehensive commentary with annotated score extracts. Regular tasks consolidate learning at every stage.
- Study related repertoire with further listening from the spec’s suggested list – including notes on key features, links to the prescribed work, and activities.
- Practise exam technique with original exam-style questions to try, sample answers and detailed mark schemes.
- Helpful revision summary concisely covers all musical elements.
- Comprehensive glossary defines all the essential terminology specific to the area of study.