Getting to Know... Eric-Emmanuel Schmitt
Ready-to-use research tasks, worksheets, background information and practice exam questions. Students will be fully clued-up on three of Schmitt’s short stories (Odette Toulemonde, Le plus beau livre du monde and Le faux) in preparation for the speaking and writing exams. The logical structure provides the perfect balance between independent and class work.
AQA Cultural Topics
- For each short story:
- a ‘before’ section introducing the context and key ideas
- a detailed walk-through of the text
- Special analysis section draws the three texts together, helping students to interpret the stories and make links between them.
- Activities include: comprehension questions, translation, grammar and language. By studying grammar and vocabulary in the context of the novel, students develop language skills directly relevant to the exam.
- Exam-style essay and oral questions provide perfect exam preparation.