Getting to Know... Andalucia
Bang up-to-date! If I was wavering about teaching this topic before, I’m not now! G Stephenson, Head of MFL & Independent Reviewer
AQA Cultural Topics
Edexcel Research-based Essay
WJEC Guided Studies Options
CCEA Literature and Society
Ready-to-use, up-to-date research tasks, worksheets, background information and practice exam questions ensure a full understanding of this dynamic Spanish region. Students will know the region inside out and be well prepared for the speaking and writing exams.
The structure offers the perfect balance between guided class work and independent research:
- Before: introductory tasks prepare students, including a listening task with the regional anthem
- During: worksheets for each topic with: ❶ vocabulary and translation exercises; ❷ research tasks followed by comprehension questions to reinforce understanding; ❸ texts with reading activities; ❹ para hablar activities including games and debates; ❺ para escribir questions
- After: exam-style oral and essay questions for students to apply what they have learnt. A model essay and transcript prompt discussion of successful answers.
- Supports struggling students, pushes the more able
- Topics covered include: geography, history, population, economy, culture, position of Andalucía in Spain and a personal perspective.