BTEC First Travel and Tourism Case Studies and Activities (2013 Specification)
Stimulating activities to suit all abilities, interspersed with engaging, industry-specific case studies. Ideal for making vocational links between industry and the specification. Give variety to your taught lessons with this flexible resource, and help students practise for exams and assignments.Case Studies
- Detailed and identifiable examples covering multiple specification topics.
- Follow-up questions consolidate understanding.
- Pictures, visual data, tables and diagrams help stimulate students.
- Activities cover the skills needed for assessment and vital employability skills.
- Varied activities include independent research, analysis of data and class discussion.
- Progressive structure boosts learners’ self-esteem & develops knowledge, working through pass & merit right up to distinction level.
Plus! Creative extension tasks for those who get ahead!
Good comprehensive resources... Good mixture of independent and individual activities... It has relevant, detailed and appropriate case studies to allow the learner to explore all aspects of the specification. L Howe, Travel and Tourism Lecturer & Independent Reviewer
What do teachers say about this resource? (5493)
Good comprehensive resource. It has relevant and detailed and appropriate case studies to allow the learner to explore all aspects of the specification. For this specification I think that a case study approach is the better approach.
What do teachers say about this resource? (5628)
An excellent resource – all business topics are 100% related to the travel and tourism sector. A varied range of activities to suit all learning needs. Interesting topics which students can relate to – inclusion of topical current issues such as the winter floods of 2014 and the impact on tourism... I felt that the resource was very comprehensive and covered some interesting areas... It helps learning as students can practice their knowledge and apply it to various relevant situations. Teachers can assess student progress and adapt their teaching as necessary. It can help to give students confidence by highlighting to them what they actually know... The activities promote independent learning as students can follow the clear instructions for each activity.