SketchUp CAD Tasks and Tutorials
Tried-and-tested exercises for use with the SketchUp modelling software.
Step-by-step instructions and clear colour screenshots enable all students to work independently at their own speed. For each exercise, the difficulty level, approximate timings and objectives/ skills summaries are given to aid your planning.
All exercises are provided as PowerPoints and PDF so that they can be followed on-screen, accessible by an intuitive HTML front end. The completed SketchUp (skp) files for each exercise are also provided on CD.
❶ SketchUp Tasks
Ten standalone tasks, providing a solid grounding in SketchUp. As students progress through the tasks, they develop the essential skills they need for their own future CAD projects.
- Includes a range of themes which appeal to boys and girls: chocolate bar, perfume bottle, personalised mug, toy boat, iPod, toy tank, hairdryer, art deco clock, calculator, building
- Extension tasks challenge more able students
It is the most comprehensive guide of its kind that I have seen... The extension tasks are interesting and challenging and give students the chance to be more creative. S Wray, DT Teacher & Independent Reviewer
❷ SketchUp Tutorials for GCSE Design Work
Two comprehensive tutorials develop the skills that students need for their GCSE coursework. With a particular focus on Resistant Materials, Product Design and Graphic Products.
- Tutorial 1: Storage unit – covers: carcass design; shelves and dividers; opening doors, lids and drawers; legs and basic ironmongery; rendering and assembly.
- Tutorial 2: Model buildings – covers: pitched roof and flat roof designs; round and polygonal towers; doors and windows; components; rendering.
- Plus: worked example of how to produce accurate orthographic drawings from CAD designs
Easy to follow, very clear and precise in showing students how to produce products and buildings. This resource will support GCSE and A Level students in producing design ideas and final designs. C Johnson, DT Teacher & Independent Reviewer