An Introduction to Creative Writing Workshops for A Level AQA
I would recommend the resource wholeheartedly to anyone looking to teach Creative Writing at A Level R Lodge, Head of English & Independent Reviewer
The resources explore the following key components of creative writing:
- Using personal experiences, universal ideas and music as stimulus
- The importance of settings, and desire in plots
- Creating believable characters
- Choosing Points of View
- Constructing convincing dialogue
- Knowing your audience
- Genre and tone
Thirteen 'pick-up-and-go’ workshops suitable for all units of the new AQA A Level in Creative Writing, but perfect for supporting Unit 3 CREW3: From Reading to Writing.
Created by an experienced tutor of Creative Writing and published writer, the workshops include:
- Extracts from published fiction with discussion prompts
- Writing tasks
- Points to ponder
- Extension material to take the workshop further
Also includes teacher’s notes and handy checklists to ensure that you and your students facilitate and experience constructive workshops.
Extracts include work by Roald Dahl, Michèle Roberts, David Almond, Robert Browning, Cormac McCarthy, William Nicholson, Robert Frost, Paul Gallico, Charles Dickens, Nick Hornby, Isla Dewar and E M Forster.