Mister Pip Activity Pack
GCSE Activity Pack
Differentiated, engaging worksheets and tasks for the whole novel.
- Comprehension questions ensure student knowledge of the text
- Creative and S&L tasks engage students with key features of the text
- Extra worksheets consolidate features relevant to the whole text: character, themes, language and the role of Great Expectations in the novel
- Concise notes introduce students to vital contexts of the text
Essential assessment materials
- Builds-up assessment skills through interspersed close-reading exercises
- Sample Foundation and Higher questions for AQA Literature
- Sample B grade answer with commentary detailing steps to an A-A*
- AQA English and English Language Controlled Assessment information
|AQA Unit 1. Section B. Exploring cultures||Exam: one question based on an extract|
|AQA Unit 3a. Understanding spoken and written texts and writing creatively. Part A Extended reading||Controlled Assessment: one task from the task bank. Any literature text is suitable for this unit|
|AQA Unit 3a Understanding creative texts (literary reading)||Controlled Assessment: texts chosen must cover a Shakespeare play, a literary heritage text and a different cultures text (and prose, poetry and drama)|
Mister Pip could also be suitable for OCR English Language Unit A651: Extended Literary Text and Imaginative Writing. For OCR Language, centres can either choose from the prescribed texts or they can choose their own text.