The History Boys Activity Pack
The History Boys
‘Packed full of inspired & creative tasks, making
this complex play perfectly accessible for GCSE
R. D’Rozario, ZigZag English Development Manager
A wealth of engaging activities & visually-stimulating
worksheets for the whole play, allowing the teacher to find
stimulating work at any time.
Fully differentiated & cross-referenced to the AOs.
- Analytical, comprehensive & creative tasks
- Individual, pair & group work
- ‘Stretch & Challenge’ exercises provide for further differentiation
- Special exam-focused worksheets interspersed throughout the resource introduce assessment early on
- Structured so students can build-up their skills for the examination — both extract-based questions and questions on ‘the novel as a whole’
- For Foundation & Higher
This guide adheres to the requirements of the new specifications for GCSE Literature. The summary grid below indicates which units allow for the study of this text and the methods of assessment.
|English Literature||English Language|
|AQA||Unit 3a: Understanding spoken & written texts and writing creatively Part A (extended reading)|
|Optional text for controlled assessment.|
|OCR||Unit 2: Modern Drama||Unit 1: Extended Literary Text and Imaginative Writing — Section A: extended literary text|
|One of six texts prescribed for an exam.||Optional text for controlled assessment.|
|WJEC||Unit 2: Section B — Contemporary Drama and Literary Heritage Prose||Unit 3: Literary reading & creative writing — studying written language (extended literary text)|
|One of five texts prescribed for an exam.||Optional text for controlled assessment.|