Fast Track Functional Skills for Level 1 for Edexcel
Fast Track Functional Maths
‘This is a new qualification – make sure you get it right first time.’ – The Author
The author brings extensive teaching experience together
with the insight of being a FS exam writer for a major board.
A 36-lesson scheme takes you through the whole delivery of Level 1, from Week 1 to the final exam. Students learn how to apply Maths to everyday problems and reach their own solutions.
'‘Exactly what teachers are looking for to move forward
with these new qualifications.’ '
Karis Rundle, Head of Maths & Independent Reviewer<</i>
- Scheme of Work – the year planned for you!
- Covers all Ofqual and exam board criteria
- Easy to adapt with editable Word copy on CD
- Lesson Plans and Student Tasks Sheets for every lesson
- All worksheets and resources included
- Clear tasks designed for all ages and abilities
- Engaging and Relevant Contexts!
- Engages students with everyday contexts, ‘Retail Sales’, ‘Mobile Packages’
- Global themes – e.g. ‘What is my Carbon Footprint?’
- ‘How fit am I?’ – Every Child Matters values supported
'‘The scheme of work is clearly broken down and is
referenced to the functional standards as well as Every
Child Matters... Worksheets for tasks are clear and
K. Rundle, Head of Maths & Independent Reviewer
‘This is an excellent resource... very well produced... very well planned... easy to follow.’
Y. Wright, Maths Lecturer & Ind. Reviewer
‘Relevant contexts... Excellent that it has a full SoW to accompany the tasks... Builds on Every Child Matters agenda... Allows pupils to develop thinking skills and problem solving... and teamwork and communication skills.’'
A. Pointon, Head of Maths & Ind. Reviewer