Getting to Know Packs for A Level Eduqas Component 2
Actively engage students with the Component 2 set products through a range of entertaining yet academic magazine-style articles. Explore different topics across the media frameworks and theories while getting to know each of the set products in depth.
A very useful resource for students to have a broader and more in depth understanding of the set products and their contexts
Structure offers the perfect balance between guided classwork and independent study for a flipped classroom / seminar-style approach:
- What should I know? Students are introduced to key background information to maximise understanding.
- Getting to know… Up to 20 articles on a variety of topics – including niche aspects not covered by the textbook – build knowledge. Each article includes a variety of discussion tasks to engage and challenge students.
- Show what you know! 5–10 essay questions with indicative content prepare students for the exam.
What do teachers say about this resource? (10179)
A very useful resource for students to have a broader and more in depth understanding of these two set products and their contexts. The structure seems particularly useful as I can pick and choose the articles that I would like the students to read and engage with. There are an excellent range of topics covered in lots of detail. I like the thought-provoking discussion questions at the end of each article as they can be particularly useful for in class discussion and can be set as homework tasks to recap knowledge. There is seemingly a lack of resources provided by the exam board for the Component 2 products and textbooks provide the information segmented across the books, so I feel that this will be valuable for teachers and students aiming to develop a broader understanding and have all the contextual information required in a number of easy to access, focused articles.
- A Level Eduqas Media Studies Qa680
- A Level Getting to Know
- Component 2: Media Forms and Products in Depth
- Media Studies Getting to Know
- Option 1: Life on Mars and The Bridge
- Option 2: Zoella and Attitude
- Option 3: Vogue and The Big Issue
- Section A: Television in the Global Age
- Section B: Magazines – Mainstream and Alternative Media
- Section C: Media in the Online Age