Devising: Activity and Portfolio Support Pack (2nd Edition Endorsed)
Devising Activity Pack for A Level Edexcel Drama and Theatre is endorsed for the 2016 GCSE Edexcel Drama and Theatre Specification.
Supporting A Level Edexcel Component 1: Devising
30 original, stand-alone activity worksheets to guide your students step by step through the devising process.
Split into three progressive sections mirroring the spec:
- Creating and developing – use chronologically to channel students’ creativity into mark-winning pieces
- Devised performance or design realisation – mix and match to provide focus and inject energy
- Analysis and evaluation – break the process into bite-sized chunks and transform notes into first-class portfolios
The activities are diverse and inspiring E Haynes, HoD and Independent Reviewer
Perfect to supplement or shape any scheme of work:
- Ensure students meet all relevant AOs and spec requirements with detailed teacher guidance
- Use as a basis for a teacher-led workshop, or encourage autonomy by giving straight to students
- Focus on portfolio as well as performance – show students how to gain marks
Plus! Includes overview grid with timings for quick and easy planning
What do teachers say about this resource? (9953)
Well suited to a mixed ability group of A Level learners. Clear structure and easy to read (for teachers or students)... Section 2 has some very detailed activities and would offer devising students a real focus for their devising work
The activities are diverse and inspiring... Assessment Objectives are outlined clearly in the overview of the resource and the focus is relevant throughout... This would definitely be a resource that I could use as a basis for the teaching of Component 1: Devising. I would use it as a starting point for my first term Scheme of Work with Year 12 students and expand upon the material offered.