Practical Companion for GCSE AQA Physics
Provides everything you need to deliver the crucial practical aspects of GCSE Science. Helps students gain a comprehensive understanding of the experiments they need to know.
- Teachers’ notes and students instructions make preparation and teaching simple ➥ includes helpful advice, safety notes and exam tips from experienced teachers
- Pre-lab tasks and Analysis and Evaluation questions give scaffolding for data skills and subject knowledge
- Exam style questions for each investigation – perfect for preparation for practical questions in exams – guaranteed to be at least 15% of marks!
- Extra practicals carefully selected to expand on skills and give insight into key topics
Helps teachers prepare and be armed with what to do and things to say
The inclusion of the Exam Style questions in practical work is invaluable as the specification does not require the students to be able to carry out the practical, they just need to be able to answer the questions that are linked to the practical
What do teachers say about this resource? (9937, 9938, 9939)
I think the structure is good and will help teachers to structure their preparations for the activities – I like the consolidation questions and practice calculations.
Good opportunity for student practice and should help scaffold the practical activity following teacher demonstration.
Good coverage of required practicals – excellent depth.
Helps teachers (both specialists and non-specialists) prepare and be armed with what to do and things to say. A well prepared and confident teacher is more able to engage learners and support them in their learning.
The homework aspect (pre-lab and post lab activities) means that the students can expect to consolidate their learning outside of the classroom.
The inclusion of the Exam Style questions in practical work is invaluable as the specification does not require the students to be able to carry out the practical, they just need to be able to answer the questions that are linked to the practical.
- 4.5 Forces
- 4.4 Atomic structure
- 4.3 Particle model of matter
- 4.2 Electricity
- 4.6 Waves
- GCSE Physics Practical Companion
- 4.8 Space physics
- GCSE Practical Companion
- 4.7 Magnetism and electromagnetism
- GCSE Science Practical Companion
- 4.1 Energy
- GCSE AQA Physics Paper 2
- GCSE AQA Physics Paper 1
- GCSE AQA Physics (8463)
- GCSE Physics