Pre-Assessment Tasks for BTEC Nationals (L3) in Health and Social Care
Prepare and inspire your students to achieve their full potential in their assignments, with these highly creative activities for BTEC Nationals (L3) in Health and Social Care.
Activities foster active learning & team work,
which are so important for level 3 success
Write-on in-class activities complete with teacher’s notes and instructions allow you to inject pace and extend the life of the lesson, right to the very end.
- Mind maps
- Case study response
- Speed talking
- Timed quizzes
- Ideal blend of individual, paired, small-group and whole-class activities
- Engaging activities appeal to and motivate different learning styles!
- All answers provided – great for AfL and speedy peer-assessment
Also check out Starters and Plenaries for examined units.
What do teachers say about this resource? (9864)
The resource provides a range of activities to allow tutors/ teachers to check learners’ knowledge, understanding and skills before learners begin the independent coursework tasks. Every activity involves some type of useful collaboration with other learners (normally 2-4) and their requirements are designed to meet a variety of learning styles/ preferences. Activities foster active learning & team work, which are so important for level 3 success.
A wide range of activities are provided that could be used in various parts of a lesson (e.g. a quick starter/ plenary or a more substantial investigative task). Each activity comes with useful tutor guidance notes and possible answers. The results of each provides the teacher with some valuable feedback on the quality and quantity of their students’ learning, skills and confidence... letting them [the teacher] know when these students are ready to start the internal assessment. This should help with planning and meeting the specific needs of the learners.
The layout is a strong feature... immediately the reference table provides a clear overview about what is required for each activity, which topic and which learning aim it is geared towards. The accompanying teachers’ notes with aims / instructions / possible answers will be very welcome for busy teachers.
- BTEC Nationals (Level 3)
- BTEC Nationals (2016) in Health and Social Care
- BTEC Nationals (Level 3) Extended Certificate in Health and Social Care (601/7197/2)
- BTEC Nationals (Level 3) Foundation Diploma in Health and Social Care (601/7199/6)
- BTEC Nationals (Level 3) Extended Diploma in Health and Social Care (601/7198/4)
- BTEC Nationals (Level 3) Extended Diploma in Health and Social Care (Health Studies) (601/7198/4)
- Unit 14: Physiological Disorders and their Care
- BTEC Nationals Starters and Plenaries
- BTEC Nationals Pre-assessment Tasks
- BTEC Nationals Health and Social Care Starters and Plenaries
- BTEC Nationals Health and Social Care Pre-assessment Tasks