Animal Farm: GCSE Gifted and Talented Challenge Pack
A challenging pack which stretches your gifted and more able students during their exploration of Animal Farm at GCSE. Activities demonstrate how to achieve the highest grades possible using aspects of Bloom’s Taxonomy and give students control over their own learning.
An excellent resource for mixed-ability classes where differentiation is needed for the high-ability students, or equally as an additional resource for a top set when studying the novel or as revision activities
The resource covers the key areas of the book: important events, characters, relationships, context, language, structure, form, themes, setting, ideas and interpretations.
Within each key area, engaging and thought-provoking activities aim to:
- Prompt the recall of important points
- aid comprehension and reinforce clear, advanced understanding
- enable students to apply their knowledge of the novella to a new situation or an unseen extract
- support implicit and explicit analyses
- encourage individual interpretations and stimulate new, creative and individual ideas
Makes analysing texts a fun and creative procedure
Going further! Help students practise their essay-writing skills by using an annotated response to demonstrate the best way of achieving top marks.