Practical Companion for GCSE Edexcel Biology
Provides everything you need to deliver the crucial practical aspects of GCSE Science. Helps students gain a comprehensive understanding of the experiments they need to know.
- Teachers’ notes and students instructions make preparation and teaching simple ➥ includes helpful advice, safety notes and exam tips from experienced teachers
- Pre-lab tasks and Analysis and Evaluation questions give scaffolding for data skills and subject knowledge
- Exam style questions for each investigation – perfect for preparation for practical questions in exams – guaranteed to be at least 15% of marks!
- Extra practicals carefully selected to expand on skills and give insight into key topics
What do teachers say about this resource? (9785, 9786, 9787)
I particularly liked that this is a well-structured resource that considers the prior knowledge students will require and areas where students may struggle, and has a comprehensive range of questions related to the required practical that students can complete both before and after the practical. I also particularly like the health and safety reminders that have been considered.
I also feel that the inclusion of both analysis and evaluation questions alongside exam-style questions will allow the students to apply their knowledge in a way that is typical of their exams.
- Animal coordination, control and homeostasis
- Cells and control
- Ecosystems and material cycles
- Exchange and transport in animals
- GCSE Biology
- GCSE Biology Practical Companion
- GCSE Edexcel Biology (1BI0)
- GCSE Edexcel Biology Paper 1
- GCSE Edexcel Biology Paper 2
- GCSE Practical Companion
- GCSE Science Practical Companion
- Health, disease and the development of medicines
- Key concepts in biology
- Natural selection and genetic modification
- Plant structures and their functions