Starters and Plenaries for BTEC Nationals in Health & Social Care
Get off the mark and finish strong with these short and stimulating activities for the new BTEC Nationals (L3) in Health and Social Care Qualification.
Write-on in-class activities have been carefully designed with a strong focus on classroom learning and exam preparation.
A really good resource which would save the teacher lots of time and help get students engaged from the minute they enter the classroom
- Perfect mixture of activities motivates and enthuses all learning styles
- Ideal blend of individual, paired, small-group and whole-class activities develops independent and cooperative learning methods
The answers given are realistic that I would expect from students, but still allow for teacher autonomy and students to build upon their answers
- Complete teacher’s notes with clear learning aims
- Instructions and answers for every activity
What do teachers say about this resource? (9711)
A great resource to get students thinking at the beginning of a lesson, or consolidating at the end. The activities are very varied and useful for revision, not just starters of plenaries. A well thought-out pack with varied activities for students to do, both independently and in groups.
I really liked this resource, I thought it would be really beneficial to any teacher as it offered a wide variety of activities which would appeal to different learners. I thought it was well thought out and set at the right level, all too often Health & Social Care resources are created which are pitched far too low to cater for the less able learner, these tasks are suitable for a typical mixed ability classroom... I liked that the activities were all set out to match the unit one specification, making it really easy for the teacher in their planning to see exactly where each task fit into the syllabus. I also liked the fact that the tasks took account of 16-18 year old interest, for example the tweet activity. Helps students to consolidate learning, could also be used as a good revision tool e.g. students could be given a task on life stages when Learning Objective C is being delivered just to get them to think back to what thy had learnt in previous weeks. The tasks also can stretch students, all too often students are not stretched enough in lessons but many of these activities allow for this. I liked the layout, it was very user friends - easy to navigate, Instructions for teachers followed by tasks worked well. I thought the specification matches the three Learning Objectives really well as there are activities / tasks for each point in the specification which accurately match the topic on every area of the unit. I would definitely purchase this resource... A really good resource which would save the classroom teacher lots of time and help get students engaged from the minute they enter the classroom.
This is a good resource that will reduce teacher workload and allow teachers to be more creative. The templates are easily adaptable. The answers given are realistic that I would expect from students, but still allow for teacher autonomy and students to build upon their answers. Adaptable to a range of students and can be used in a multitude of ways. Teacher notes and the answers are on the same page to help keep teachers organised.
What do teachers say about this resource? (10314)
This is a very useful activity pack and would certainly be something that I will be purchasing. It is very apparent as to what is expected from the teacher and pupil with everything laid out... the instructions were clear and in good order. There is a broad range of activities from debates, games to spider diagrams and crosswords which will definitely keep the pupils attention and make the starter and plenaries more fun and enjoyable to teach/learn. The terminology is correctly used throughout the tasks and to the right standard it is aimed at. As a teacher, I find the starters and plenaries the most difficult.
- BTEC Nationals (Level 3)
- BTEC Nationals (2016) in Health and Social Care
- BTEC Nationals (Level 3) Certificate in Health and Social Care (601/7193/5)
- BTEC Nationals (Level 3) Extended Certificate in Health and Social Care (601/7197/2)
- BTEC Nationals (Level 3) Foundation Diploma in Health and Social Care (601/7199/6)
- BTEC Nationals (Level 3) Extended Diploma in Health and Social Care (601/7198/4)
- BTEC Nationals (Level 3) Extended Diploma in Health and Social Care (Health Studies) (601/7198/4)
- Unit 1: Human Lifespan Development
- BTEC Nationals Starters and Plenaries
- BTEC Nationals Health and Social Care Starters and Plenaries
- Unit 2: Working in Health and Social Care