Revision Guide for OCR Nationals (Sport Studies)
Unit R051: Contemporary Issues in Sport
Focused, engaging and student-friendly concise revision notes covering all the essentials in manageable chunks. Including revision checklists, revision activities and exam-style questions (with answers) – easy to use and perfect for exam revision or as end-of-topic summaries.
Broken up with visuals and other ideas for presentation...
...It clearly outlines the required knowledge and empowers students to [control] their own learning, and gives them the tools to revise effectively for the topic
- Logically structured in specification order
- Key terms and concepts clearly explained throughout
- Stimulating presentation to maximise retention
Challenging Questions and Activities!
- Prepare students for top marks with tasks and questions for every topic
- Exposes students to exam-style tests throughout the course
- Answers and progress checklists for targeted revision and self-marking!
What do teachers say about this resource? (9710)
Easy to use. Will make our students lives a lot easier. It gives the necessary amount of detail. This resource is perfect for this course. What a help it will be for revision purposes.
The writers have clearly looked in detail at the specification and have been able to create a good resource. It gives a really good and detailed range of questions, which will both challenge and support the pupils in their preparation for the exam. [The checklists] make it engaging for the pupils, and easy to track their progress and improvements... questions at the end support learning and self assessment.
It was engaging and interesting. I liked that it wasn't just bulky blocks of text. it was broken up with visuals and other ideas for presentation. It clearly outlines the required knowledge and empowers students to [control] their own learning, and gives them the tools to be able to revise effectively for the topic.
The presentation and layout is extremely clear. This resource enhances learning as it helps to reinforce the teaching that is happening in the classroom... the students can use this guide to help focus independent revision and use the mark scheme to correct their exam question answers... Teacher's could also [use] revision tasks from the book as homework tasks. Pictures and diagrams are used to reinforce the learning, but also provide visual prompts for learners. The "tip" boxes provide short key messages for students to take away with them and act as key reminders. The exam questions used are short and sharp. The knowledge checklists allow learner to self-assess their own knowledge and help inform and focus their revision.
- Contemporary issues in sport
- OCR Cambridge National Level 1/2 Sport Studies Revision Guide
- OCR Cambridge National Revision Guide
- OCR Cambridge Nationals
- OCR Level 1/2 Cambridge National Award in Sport Studies (J803)
- OCR Level 1/2 Cambridge National Certificate in Sport Studies (J813)
- PE Revision Guide
- Sport Studies
- Vocational Sport Revision Guide