Springboard Research Packs for GCSE AQA NEA 2020
For Summer 2020 Assessment
Articles and fact sheets presented in magazine format to familiarise students with the research process and to provide insight and inspiration for the GCSE (9–1) AQA NEA. Hand out to students before the summer break to help inform choices, or use alongside the project!
A brilliant resource to support with the challenge of independent research
- Introduction to secondary research – importance of secondary sources to research user wants and needs, existing products and key designers. Top tips develop key skills so students learn the difference between reliable and unreliable sources.
- Engaging articles – written by subject specialists, these stimulating articles cover a range of spec-relevant topics, including economic and social issues, and the work of other designers.
- Each article directs students to further resources as a springboard for wide-ranging and relevant research.
- Active learning tasks practise essential research skills in preparation for students’ own design project.
- Introduction to primary research – concisely introduces techniques with helpful activities, including empathy tasks and experiments, to encourage students to undertake achievable and insightful primary research.
Really good value for money
What do teachers say about this resource? (9879,9881,9886)
Excellent starting point for students with the new style NEA. Lots of ideas to get thinking and see the possibilities in terms of gathering helpful research for their context... It will encourage independence and hopefully spark an idea in them so they can take ownership of their research... It allows them to look at work independently and then use the inspiration it will give them... Really good value for money... matches the specification perfectly.
This is a brilliant resource to support with the challenge of independent research. Really specific to exam board and therefore information is relevant and effective. The magazine format is really accessible for the students. It is perfectly designed to support the new NEA and directly linked to the topic areas – such a great idea and really hope the new pack can arrive quickly.