Getting to Know… Ich fühl mich so fifty-fifty
- Edexcel: AS and A Level
- Eduqas: AS and A Level
- CCEA: AS Level
Ready-to-use research tasks, worksheets, background information and practice exam questions ensure comprehensive understanding of Ich fühl mich so fifty-fifty. Students will learn about life in East Germany, the fall of the Berlin Wall and reunification through the perspective of a young female protagonist, and be fully prepared for the Edexcel, Eduqas or CCEA writing exam. The structure offers the perfect balance between guided classwork and independent study.
The author has meticulously devised a very useful resource which is completely “ready to use” in a classroom context
- Before: Students learn about the social and historical context, including the ideology of the GDR, the meaning of the title, and the author.
- During: Divided into chapters, the story is explored through A Level style activities that enable thorough comprehension of the plot and provoke questioning of its significance.
- After: Sections on the genre, key themes and narrative techniques encourage the development of analytical and critical skills. Exam-style questions, model essays and writing guidance help students to prepare for their exam.
- Answers are provided for all activities, including model essays and indicative content for the exam-style questions.
What do teachers say about this resource? (9627)
The author has meticulously devised a very useful resource which is completely “ready to use” in a classroom context. It matches the specification well and allows good progression with directed tasks which eventually enable students to write a detailed, critical essay as required by the specification and mark scheme. Excellent idea to have all the answers at the back (this will be much appreciated by busy teachers!). The depth and detail of these are of a high standard!
A very good resource. It tackles the book from various angles and should help students especially to appreciate the work more fully. It clearly addresses students' needs (with vocabulary and points for reflection). I think this resource would help students to develop their skills and knowledge so that they could score well in AO3 and AO4. Both of these assessment objectives are brought together well at the end in the essay writing section at the end of the resource. It would support in-class learning but could also be used by students working independently.
- A Level German
- A Level Edexcel German (8GN0)
- A Level Edexcel German Writing
- A Level MFL Getting to Know
- A Level German Getting to Know
- A Level Edexcel Getting to Know
- A Level Edexcel German Getting to Know
- A Level Eduqas German (A820)
- A Level Eduqas German Writing
- A Level Eduqas Getting to Know
- A Level German Eduqas Getting to Know
- A Level CCEA German (A5674)
- A Level CCEA German Writing
- A Level CCEA Getting to Know
- A Level CCEA German Getting to Know
- Ich fühl mich so fifty-fifty
- Karin König
- A Level Edexcel German Set Text
- A Level Eduqas German Set Text
- A Level CCEA German Set Text