GCSE AQA NEA Set Brief Composition Prompts
For Component 3: Composing Music (2018/2019)
A unique, concise pack of guidance and activities to inspire students to compose creative responses to the AQA GCSE Music 2018/2019 Composition Set Briefs.
Engaging and varied tasks encourage students to:Includes:
- decode keywords from the brief
- think carefully about the performance context, and how this will affect the style and mood of the music
- be inspired by other compositions from Haydn to Van Halen
- Helpful introductory material including a student-friendly mark scheme, a submission checklist and a template proposal form and glossary
- Four focused sets of activities – stand-alone for each of the four briefs (published September 2018)
- Carefully designed to deepen understanding of the brief and generate musical ideas for composition
- Mix and match to suit your class!
- Plus! Guidance on writing clear programme notes, with exemplars throughout
Flexible for pair/group work, in class or at home!