Course Companions for BTEC Tech Awards 2017
Keep students on the right track for the NEW BTEC Tech Awards qualifications with these clear and comprehensive course notes. Written in student-friendly language and organised in specification order, including:
Course Companion for Component 3 has been
endorsed for BTEC Tech Award Level 1/2 in
Health and Social Care.
- Accessible notes – at an appropriate level and in sufficient depth.
- Creative case studies – covering a range of environments and individuals – build connections between theory and practical application.
- Thought-provoking visual images and diagrams to stimulate all learners.
- End-of-topic consolidation questions to review the topic and assess understanding.
Build and apply knowledge…
- ‘Applied Activities’ and ‘Research Activities’ inspire further reading and encourage application of knowledge.
- ‘Did you know?’ boxes provide thought-provoking further reading to stretch and challenge high-ability students.
What do teachers say about this resource? (9366)
'The resource is very detailed and covers the specification in an order that follows the teaching of the syllabus which is very helpful. The images and diagrams were appropriate and clear. The use of a variety of case study's is helpful and the questions at the end of each section are appropriately written and structured mark scheme provided.' - R Harrison, HSC Subject Leader & Independent Reviewer
'Excellent reference to specification in detail. Each topic incorporates all information for the relevant learning aim in accordance with the associated assessment guidance, to support learners in producing holistic answers. The resource contains several case studies in vocational contexts. The scenarios and the following activities, place the resource in a realistic context for learners at this level, to support their understanding and promote motivation.' - D Maitra, Lead Teacher & Independent Reviewer
'I’m very impressed by this resource. It provides focused, detailed information alongside some very good and do-able classroom activities, which would really support delivery of this component of the Tech Award. It is well-written and well-researched and laid out clearly. While detailed, it uses language and style that’s likely to be accessible to most Level 2 students.' - L Wilshire, HSC Teacher & Independent Reviewer
'A high quality, detailed resource, targeting Level 2 Health & Social Care learners. This course companion has clearly been written by an expert with up to date information and a clear scientific knowledge. An excellent range of activities were included, all of which would enhance learning.' - A Barrett, Health and Social Care Teacher & Independent Reviewer
What do teachers say about this resource? (9364)
'An extremely good and useful resource, with plenty of detailed information that’s applied to case studies to make it easier for learners to link theory and practice. I liked the clear layout, with diagrams, charts and pictures. I also liked the explanations with case studies and activity suggestions that could be easily used in the classroom. I’m very impressed with this resource.' - L Wilshire, Teacher & Independent Reviewer
- BTEC Tech Award
- Care values
- Component 1: Human Lifespan Development
- Component 2: Health and Social Care services and Values
- Component 3: Health and Wellbeing Case studies
- Development across life stages
- Human growth
- Level 2 Health and Social Care
- Life events
- Physiological indicators
- Social isolation
- Sources of support
- Care plans
- Case studies
- Component 1
- Component 2
- Component 3
- Health and Social Care
- Health and Wellbing
- Human Lifespan Development
- Improvement plans
- Lifestyle indicators
- Primary Care
- Secondary Care
- Service and Values
- Technical Award