Composing Bach Chorales for AS and A Level
Co-teachable for AS/A Level
Suitable for AQA and Edexcel
This comprehensive and unique study guide skilfully supports students’ composition of chorale harmonisations for their ‘Composing to a Brief’ assessment. Packed with detailed contextual information on Bach’s musical style, wide-ranging activities, exam-style questions and straightforward exam guidance.
This is the only resource you’ll need to prepare your A Level students for the Bach Chorales composition module.
Provide progressive practice…
- A wealth of step-by-step activities build and apply knowledge of tonal harmony.
- Clear explanations, key terms and helpful hints reinforce essential points.
- Differentiated exercises allow you to tailor work to the needs of individual students.
- Extension tasks cover more challenging areas such as diminished 7ths and suspensions to push high achievers!
Encourage exam success!
- Practice exam questions develop confidence and exam technique.
- Musical examples and model answers demonstrate how to improve grades.
- Student-friendly checklists and mark schemes allow for easy self- and peer-assessment.
|What do teachers have to say about this resource? (9358)|
|'Includes all the elements needed at A Level for chorale-based composition tasks... Good differentiated tasks that could be completed in class and as homework... Good stretch and challenge for higher ability students... Good model answers with feedback.' N Squires, Teacher and Independent Reviewer|
|'Very well-written and clearly set out. The material is broken down into coherent sections and in a logical order, enabling students to gradually build up their 4-part harmony knowledge and skills... Definitions are clear and succinct and activities and questions are easy to read and understand... The material is very accurate and the style well-judged for A Level... This is a high quality resource!' R Shapey, Teacher and Independent Reviewer|