Devising Activity Pack for A Level AQA
Supporting AQA Component 2: Creating Original Drama
30 original, stand-alone activity worksheets to guide your students step by step through the devising process.
The activities are diverse and inspiring
Split into three progressive sections mirroring the spec:
- Creating and developing – use chronologically to channel students’ creativity into mark-winning pieces
- Devised performance or design realisation – mix and match to provide focus and inject energy
- Analysis and evaluation – break the process into bite-sized chunks and transform notes into first-class Working Notebooks
Section 2 has some very detailed activities and would offer students a real focus for their devising work
Perfect to supplement or shape any scheme of work:
- Ensure students meet all relevant AOs and spec requirements with detailed teacher guidance
- Use as a basis for a teacher-led workshop, or encourage autonomy by giving straight to students
- Focus on Working Notebook as well as performance – show students how to gain marks
Plus! Includes overview grid with timings for quick and easy planning
What do teachers say about this resource? (9323)
A well structured series of exercises leading students towards a final devised performance. ‘Choosing a focus’ section is a good way to help refine ideas... Consideration is given to all roles, and advice in relation to materials and practical issues in studio /classroom dynamic is really useful. It considers different learning abilities and offers additional advice for developing work beyond initial responses. [There is] focus given to keeping a record of learning which makes it a particularly useful resource for students and teachers.