Getting to Know... El coronel no tiene quien le escriba (2nd Edition)
- AQA: AS and A Level
- Edexcel: AS and A Level
- Eduqas: A Level
Ready-to-use research tasks, worksheets, background information and practice exam questions ensure comprehensive understanding of Gabriel García Márquez’s classic short novel, El coronel no tiene quien le escriba. Students will get to know the novella inside out and be fully prepared for the writing exams.
The structure offers the perfect balance between guided classwork and independent study:
- Before: Introductory tasks covering socio-historical context, literary language, the author and his influences provide students with the basic knowledge to begin their study. Includes vocabulary, comprehension and research exercises.
- During: The comprehensive chapter-by-chapter walk-through ensures thorough understanding. Students will consolidate their knowledge of the narrative through vocabulary, comprehension, translation, grammar, discussion, and writing activities.
- Includes dedicated whole-text analysis section covering characters, themes, techniques and symbols.
- After: Essay-writing tips and exam-style questions split by board and level help students to apply what they have learnt. Sample essays and accompanying marking activities prompt discussion of successful answers.
What do teachers say about this resource? (9136)
A comprehensive and well structured resource to support the teacher. I particularly like this resource because of the exemplar essays and range of activities. The vocabulary used is appropriate to the exam. It prepares students more thoroughly for essay writing and helps me to freshen up my teaching ideas. It is so detailed and goes through the book chapter by chapter. It meets the requirements of the exam. This will make your planning so much easier! The level is suited to the AQA A-Level specification. Tasks are challenging enough for higher ability students.
This resource is written in a clear way that it is easy to understand by the A Level students from different specifications. This resource enhances learning with all the diversity of activities offered. The educational value comes from the tasks focused specifically on developing students’ oral, written and reading skills (...) There is also a huge amount of cultural information on Colombia and Latin America.
Clearly structured with exam boards in mind, it contains sections on themes, characterisation and structure. It is therefore relevant, and pitched at the right level linguistically.
I like the clarity and the structure, the chapter summary, the use of quotes, how it helps the student develop their own analyses (...) The killer phrases are fantastic!
- A Level AQA Getting to Know
- A Level AQA Spanish (7692)
- A Level AQA Spanish Getting to Know
- A Level AQA Spanish Set Text
- A Level AQA Spanish Writing
- A Level Edexcel Getting to Know
- A Level Edexcel Spanish (9SP0)
- A Level Edexcel Spanish Getting to Know
- A Level Edexcel Spanish Set Text
- A Level Edexcel Spanish Writing
- A Level Eduqas Getting to Know
- A Level Eduqas Spanish (A810)
- A Level Eduqas Spanish Getting to Know
- A Level Eduqas Spanish Set Text
- A Level Eduqas Spanish Writing
- A Level MFL Getting to Know
- A Level Spanish
- A Level Spanish Getting to Know
- El coronel no tiene quien le escriba
- Gabriel García Márquez
- No One Writes to the Colonel