Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street:
A Complete Play Guide for AS & A Level Drama
Disturbing and dramatic in equal measure, Stephen Sondheim’s musical masterpiece explores dark and complex themes and provides students with the opportunity to interpret them through black comedy and melodrama.
Fantastically clear explanations, in-depth analysis of key dramatic and theatrical aspects, and a wealth of engaging practical and non-practical activities. Your students will know Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street inside out:
- Introductory notes and exploratory activities ensure full understanding of the social, historical, cultural, textual and theatrical contexts
- Scene-by-scene walk-through includes detailed analysis of the relevant performance aspects, with plenty of opportunity for practical investigation and independent study
- Production concepts and performance strategies cover character, design, staging, practitioners and more
- Includes indicative content for all activities to support your teaching and your students
- With key terms glossary – perfect for revision!
Specifically geared towards the AS and A Level text-based question, this comprehensive pack is your one-stop shop!
- A Level OCR Drama
- A Level WJEC Drama
- AS OCR Drama
- AS WJEC Drama
- Hugo Wheeler
- Patrick Quentin
- Play Guide
- Practitioners in Practice
- Process to Performance
- Stephen Sondheim
- Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
- Unit 1: Theatre Workshop
- Unit 2: Text in Action