Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street:
A Complete Play Guide for AS & A Level Drama
Disturbing and dramatic in equal measure, Stephen Sondheim’s musical masterpiece explores dark and complex themes and provides students with the opportunity to interpret them through black comedy and melodrama.
Fantastically clear explanations, in-depth analysis of key dramatic and theatrical aspects, and a wealth of engaging practical and non-practical activities. Your students will know Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street inside out:
- Introductory notes and exploratory activities ensure full understanding of the social, historical, cultural, textual and theatrical contexts
- Scene-by-scene walk-through includes detailed analysis of the relevant performance aspects, with plenty of opportunity for practical investigation and independent study
- Production concepts and performance strategies cover character, design, staging, practitioners and more
- Includes indicative content for all activities to support your teaching and your students
- With key terms glossary – perfect for revision!
Specifically geared towards the AS and A Level text-based question, this comprehensive pack is your one-stop shop!
- A Level Drama Play Guide
- A Level Play Guide
- Theatre Makers in Practice
- A Level Eduqas Drama and Theatre (A690)
- Text in Performance
- Deconstructing Texts for Performance
- Analysing Performance
- A Level WJEC Drama and Theatre (1690)
- A Level OCR Drama and Theatre (H459)
- A Level Edexcel Drama and Theatre (9DR0)
- A Level Drama
- A Level Drama and Theatre
- A Level AQA Drama and Theatre (7262)
- Set Text