A Midsummer Night’s Dream: Exploratory Play Pack for GCSE
Set text for GCSE AQA
Whimsical and fantastical, exciting and engaging, A Midsummer Night’s Dream is one of Shakespeare’s most playful pieces, making it a great choice of text to teach at GCSE.
These ready-to-use, student-friendly notes and engaging exploratory activities combine to create the ultimate practical study pack for A Midsummer Night’s Dream.
- Packed with practical, written, research and discussion tasks
- Practice essay questions interwoven throughout
- Key terms glossary
- Teaching notes and indicative content
- Consolidate contextual understanding
Find out how the playwright, the social, historical, political and cultural contexts and the performance context inform the play
- Explore the play scene by scene
Get insightful commentary and analysis of relevant events and themes while considering the implications on performance, direction and design
- Uncover theatrical possibilities
Take a closer look at production concepts, characterisation, staging, lighting, sound, props, costume and more in light of the whole play