You are viewing a teaching resource that has been retired.
It is likely that it has been replaced by a new edition for the new specifications.
Please go to our homepage to select your subject, level and exam board to find the latest version.
Springboard Research Packs for GCSE AQA NEA
For Summer 2019 Assessment
Articles and fact sheets presented in magazine format to familiarise students with the research process and to provide insight and inspiration for the GCSE (9–1) AQA NEA. Hand out to students before the summer break to help inform choices, or use alongside the project!
- Introduction to secondary research – importance of secondary sources to research user wants and needs, existing products and key designers. Top tips develop key skills so students learn the difference between reliable and unreliable sources.
- Engaging articles – written by subject specialists, these stimulating articles cover a range of spec-relevant topics, including economic and social issues, and the work of other designers.
- Each article directs students to further resources as a springboard for wide-ranging and relevant research.
- Active learning tasks practise essential research skills in preparation for students’ own design project.
- Introduction to primary research – concisely introduces techniques with helpful activities, including empathy tasks and experiments, to encourage students to undertake achievable and insightful primary research.