Starters and Plenaries for GCSE AQA Design and Technology
Inject pace into your Design and Technology lessons with these packs of short and stimulating starter and plenary activities. Easy to use and all specifically designed for the 2017 specification.
Easy to prepare and can be used to extend the learning of all students.
Write-on in-class activities, carefully designed with a strong focus on classroom learning.
- Perfect mixture of practical and creative activities motivates and enthuses all learning styles
- Ideal blend of individual, paired, small-group and whole-class activities develops independent and cooperative learning methods
- All answers provided – great for AfL and speedy peer-assessment
Also includes a specification cross-reference table for easy planning!
What do teachers say about this resource? (9191)
A great resource to use from y7-10 getting them ready for the NEA. I like how some activities are short and focused to suit many aspects of the new specification. Easy to prepare and can be used to extend the learning of all students.
- materials and their working properties
- mechanical devices
- systems approach to designing
- GCSE AQA 9-1 Design and Technology
- 3.1 Core Technical Principles
- Starters and Plenaries
- new and emerging technologies
- energy generation and storage
- developments in new materials
- 3.3 Core Design Principles
- communication of design ideas
- design strategies
- environmental, social and economic challenge
- investigation, primary and secondary data
- material management
- prototype development
- selection of materials and components
- specialist techniques and processes
- specialist tools and equipment
- the work of others