The Tempest: Springboard Scheme of Work for GCSE
Combining magic, mayhem and mischief, Shakespeare’s final play provides students with a myriad of opportunities to explore interesting and innovative performance and design.
Covering key thematic and theatrical elements, it will help students to gain solid grounding of the events of the text while exploring performance, design and directorial aspects:
- 13 one-hour lessons explore all relevant aspects of the play –
including context, characters, themes, form, and staging
- Chronological exploration of scenes
- Lesson plans with starters, mains, plenaries and homeworks, plus plenty of ideas for differentiation
- Variety of practical activities engages students with active exploration, experimentation and peer- and self-evaluation
- Ready-to-use handouts mean minimal preparation – also perfect as quick, end-of-year revision sheets!
Fully geared towards the 2016 GCSE Eduqas Drama specification, these exciting and engaging lessons will increase students’ core knowledge – and develop crucial dramatic skills.
Perfect preparation for not only the written exam, but for any other component of the course!
- Bringing Texts to Life
- Drama Lesson Plans
- GCSE AQA Drama (8261)
- GCSE Drama
- GCSE Drama Scheme of Work
- GCSE Drama Springboard Scheme of Work
- GCSE Edexcel Drama (1DR0)
- GCSE Eduqas Drama (C690)
- GCSE OCR Drama (J316)
- GCSE Scheme of Work
- GCSE WJEC Drama (3690)
- Interpreting Theatre
- Set Text
- Study of Set Text
- Texts in Practice
- Theatre Makers in Practice
- Understanding Drama