Getting to Know... Les Choristes (2nd Edition)
- Edexcel: AS and A Level
- Eduqas: AS and A Level
Ready-to-use research tasks, worksheets, background information and practice exam questions ensure comprehensive understanding of this heart-warming French film. Students will get to know Les Choristes inside out and be fully prepared for their writing exam.
Written specifically for the 2016 specifications, the logical structure offers the perfect balance between guided classwork and independent research:
- Before: Includes introductory tasks covering historical context, the director and his influences and cinematic vocabulary, as well as an overview of characters and themes.
- During: The comprehensive scene-by-scene walk-through ensures thorough understanding. Students will consolidate their knowledge of the narrative through vocabulary, comprehension, translation, discussion, and writing activities.
- After: Exam-style questions and essay writing guidance help students to apply what they have learnt. Example essays with marking activities prompt discussion of successful essay technique.
- Plus! A closer look at aspects including characters, techniques and critical reception.
What do teachers say about this resource? (8735)
I love this resource and it has given me a new appreciation of a film I know! It has opened my eyes to things I had not spotted before and I have definitely learnt several things. [...] I would feel very confident about teaching the film and I think my pupils would enjoy working through the activities.
- A Level Edexcel French (9FR0)
- A Level Edexcel French Getting to Know
- A Level Edexcel French Set Text
- A Level Edexcel French Writing
- A Level Edexcel Getting to Know
- A Level Eduqas French (A800)
- A Level Eduqas French Getting to Know
- A Level Eduqas French Set Text
- A Level Eduqas French Writing
- A Level Eduqas Getting to Know
- A Level French
- A Level French Getting to Know
- A Level MFL Getting to Know
- Christophe Barratier
- Les Choristes
- The Chorus