Course Companions for A Level Year 1 Eduqas
Comprehensive and student-focused notes cover all theory for A Level Year 1 Eduqas Component 1.
Logical structure works through the theoretical framework, with detailed application to the set products.
Extensive detail on the set exam products and matches the specification very well, offering comprehensive details of theoretical framework.E Richardson, Media Teacher and Independent Reviewer
- Overview pages with clear learning outcomes and key terms maintain focus
- Accessible, in-depth notes cover all aspects of the specification
- Images and diagrams illuminate key concepts
- Activities such as quick questions, discussion points and active learning tasks consolidate knowledge
Plus! Take it further with…
- Exam-style questions to apply and assess learning
- Further reading suggestions to develop understanding of theory at a higher level
- End-of-section summaries – perfect for revision!
Answers included for all activities.
The answers section is comprehensive, particularly the marking criteria for use with the longer exam-style questions. The summaries at the end of each section are also very useful!S Backhouse, Media Teacher and Independent Reviewer
What do teachers have to say about this resource? (8726)
Excellent... the theory sections were clear and helpful... [the resource] gave me some other ideas and information not mentioned in textbook and it also structures the material better than the textbook... It helps make sense of exam/course requirements... perfect match to the specification." K Parham, Media Studies Teacher and Independent Reviewer
‘Extensive detail on the set exam products and matches the specification set texts very well, offering comprehensive details of theoretical framework application to the products. Like the amount of detail provided especially for context and wider knowledge [and] like the highlighting of key words in bold.’ – E Richardson, Media Teacher and Independent Reviewer
‘Matches and interprets the specification well, with plenty of relevant examples given. I particularly like the structure, which is logical and intuitive and covers the theoretical frameworks in turn before introducing the Set Products that are related to them. This will allow students to grasp the theories and see how they can be applied to a wide range of media texts, not just the Set Products, which is a key skill. Including a range of different-style tasks (small tasks, discussions, quick questions and longer exam-style questions) will engage learners more than a straightforward 'text book', allowing them to dip in and out of the resource, and re-visit topics and concepts again and again as required. The Answers section is comprehensive, particularly the marking criteria for use with the longer exam-style questions. The Summaries at the end of each section are also very useful. I hope there will also soon be course companions for Components 2 and 3!’ – S Backhouse, Media Teacher and Independent Reviewer
- A Level
- Assassin's Creed III: Liberation
- Component 1
- Dream, Dizzee Rascal
- Formation, Beyoncé
- Investigating the Media
- Kiss of the Vampire film poster
- Late Night Woman's Hour: Home, 28 October, 2016
- Media Studies
- Section A: Investigating Media Language and Representation
- Section B: Investigating Media Industries and Audiences
- Straight Outta Compton
- The Daily Mirror, November 10, 2016 front cover
- Tide print advertisement
- WaterAid audio-visual advertisement