Getting to Know... Crónica de una muerte anunciada (2nd Edition)
- AQA: AS and A Level
- Edexcel: A Level
Ready-to-use research tasks, worksheets, background information and practice exam questions ensure comprehensive understanding of Crónica de una muerte anunciada. Students will be able to delve into Gabriel García Márquez’s novel and understand his intriguing writing style, and be fully prepared for the writing exam. The structure offers the perfect balance between guided classwork and independent study:
Great resource and guide to teach Crónica de una muerte anunciada throughout!
- Before: As context is integral to the novel, students study Gabriel García Márquez’s personal background, writing style and the sociocultural codes of rural Columbia.
- During: Students complete chapter-by-chapter activities in order to fully comprehend the novel while practising their language skills. Other sections, such as those on key themes and the structure of the novel, provide additional support.
- After: Guidance is provided on essay writing, followed by exam-style questions to help students to apply their knowledge. Model essays and indicative content offer insight into both style and content.
- Answers are provided for all activities, including model essays and indicative content for the exam-style questions.
What do teachers say about this resource? (8705)
Great resource and guide to teach Crónica de una muerte anunciada throughout! I love the way it is divided into sections with different activities. Especially the before reading activities, which are designed in a similar style to those of the reading exam, which is great to keep developing subject-specific skills while they study the literary text. The questions for each chapter in particular, are very useful for students to refer back to and remember what happens in the novel.
Very useful as a basis for working on the novel, with many practical analysis and linguistic exercises. Clear and simple, an excellent starting point for class and individual work with clearly worked example answers and sample essays.
Students can better understand the characters, historical context and the author. It will help students to develop ideas for writing their essays. From the teacher's point of view, it saves a lot of preparation time and students can use it independently.
- A Level Spanish
- A Level AQA Spanish (7692)
- A Level AQA Spanish Writing
- A Level MFL Getting to Know
- A Level Spanish Getting to Know
- A Level AQA Getting to Know
- A Level AQA Spanish Getting to Know
- A Level Edexcel Spanish (9SP0)
- A Level Edexcel Spanish Writing
- A Level Edexcel Getting to Know
- A Level Edexcel Spanish Getting to Know
- Crónica de una muerte anunciada
- Chronicle of a Death Foretold
- Gabriel García Márquez
- A Level AQA Spanish Set Text
- A Level Edexcel Spanish Set Text