Translation Practice for AS and A Level AQA Spanish
Help students master the complexities of translation through an understanding of how grammar, vocabulary and transference of meaning work together in an idiomatic way.
The Translation Practice pack enables students to develop the skills to translate successfully into English and into Spanish. All 2016 AS and A Level AQA specification topics are covered to ensure comprehensive knowledge of vocabulary in varied contexts.
With a tailor-made structure that includes:
- Helpful tips on how to approach translations both ways
- Worked examples of translations with explanations
- Grammar and vocabulary preparatory activities
- AS/A Level Year 1: Translate 5 English sentences into Spanish with help from a supporting text
- A Level Year 2: Translate an English paragraph into Spanish with help from a supporting text
- Translate a Spanish paragraph into English
- Mark schemes with indicative content
What do teachers have to say about this resource? (9804)
'Truly impressed by the quality of this resource. So much work has been put into it and I can see many ways of using it which would have a positive impact on pupils’ confidence and hopefully attainment! The resource is extremely well-designed. All topics from the specifications covered, which is useful, and the way each unit is organised flows well and can be used in many ways : independent work, classwork, group work, cover work, intervention. I can definitely see myself using this resource with my classes.I particularly like the build-up to the actual translation. We often tend to forget that students may need scaffolding to tackle translation tasks and I believe each exercise prior to the actual exam-type questions would support students and make them more successful in the long run.'
What do teachers have to say about this resource? (8698)
'Simply amazing! So well thought and structured. Definitely a must have to develop translation skills.' M C Morote Beltán, Spanish Teacher and Ind. Reviewer