Noughts and Crosses: Exploratory Pack for GCSE
Set text for GCSE AQA
This stage adaptation of Malorie Blackman’s popular novel combines an exciting storytelling style with thought-provoking themes and a wide-range of performance and design possibilities for students to explore.
These ready-to-use, student-friendly notes and engaging exploratory activities combine to create the ultimate practical study pack for Noughts and Crosses.
Great range of tasks including research, discussion, practical, exam questions, as well as looking at the different roles, e.g. performer, lighting, sound...
- Packed with practical, written, research and discussion tasks
- Practice essay questions interwoven throughout
- Key terms glossary
- Teaching notes and indicative content
- Consolidate contextual understanding
Find out how the playwright, the social, historical, political and cultural contexts and the performance context inform the play
- Explore the play scene by scene Get insightful commentary and analysis of relevant events and themes while considering the implications on performance, direction and design
- Uncover theatrical possibilities
Take a closer look at production concepts, characterisation, staging, lighting, sound, props, costume and more in light of the whole play
What do teachers say about this resource? (8604)
Informative and varied. Great range of tasks including research, discussion, practical, exam questions, as well as looking at the different roles, e.g. performer, lighting, sound... Teacher's notes are great to double check against your own thoughts/ideas... I rely on the endless tasks/worksheets to support my teaching so have gained so much time in preparing lessons. Useful for revision of [AQA] section A/written paper