Getting to Know… L’Étranger (2nd Edition)
- AQA AS & A Level
- Edexcel A Level
- Eduqas A Level
- CCEA AS Level
Ready-to-use research tasks, worksheets, background information and practice exam questions ensure comprehensive understanding of L’Étranger. Students will gain insight into one of Albert Camus’ most famous works, including the philosophy of the absurd, as well as key themes such as death and the role of women, and be fully prepared for the AQA, Edexcel, Eduqas or CCEA writing exam.
The educational value of the resource is huge
The structure offers the perfect balance between guided classwork and independent study:
- Before: Tasks introduce students to the author, the genre, and key context to understand the book.
- During: Working through parts 1 and 2, students complete varied activities based on comprehension and analysis of the text, while also developing their French language skills.
- After: Key aspects of the book are explored, such as themes, characters, symbolism and writing style. Exam-style questions per board and level, as well as tips, are provided as final preparation for the exam.
My students really appreciate it because they have all information on L'Etranger centralized and this will help their revision - they said it themselves
- Answers are provided for all activities, including model essays and indicative content for the exam-style questions.
What do teachers say about this resource? (8546)
It is extremely thorough, covering background e.g. Algeria, death penalty, textual analysis and application of knowledge to exam questions. The author inspires confidence with this. The teacher's guide is useful as it includes time-saving answers to questions and a lot of references to extra resources.
An excellent resource, which I would definitely use with my students. The educational value of the resource is huge – it provides students with a lot of detailed analysis of the book and a good deal of background information. It is clearly structured, full of useful information and ideas to help students to understand L'étranger and I particularly liked the sample essay questions at the end. It is essential for us to have such resources to go along with the new A Levels and it is clear that this resource has been created with the new A Level syllabus in mind.
This resource is very organized and allows students and teachers to go through the book step by step, ensuring a strong understanding of it. My students really appreciate it because they have all information on L'Etranger centralized and this will help their revision - they said it themselves.
Excellent resource especially when there are not many resources available for the new specifications. I like the fact that you can use this resource as a teaching tool or as a revision guide for students. I also like the fact that there is a chronological analysis first, so students can go through each chapter, make sure they understand the book before looking at characters, themes. The resource helps students to have a thorough understanding of the book and I am sure that by using this resource students will be well prepared for the exam. As a teacher, it's nice to have the answers as it saves a lot of time if you decide to use this resource as a teaching tool.
- A Level Eduqas French Set Text
- A Level AQA French Set Text
- A Level Edexcel French Set Text
- A Level Eduqas Getting to Know
- A Level Eduqas French Getting to Know
- The Stranger
- Albert Camus
- A Level Eduqas French Writing
- A Level Edexcel French (9FR0)
- A Level Edexcel French Writing
- A Level Edexcel Getting to Know
- A Level Edexcel French Getting to Know
- A Level Eduqas French (A800)
- A Level AQA French Getting to Know
- A Level AQA Getting to Know
- A Level AQA French Writing
- A Level MFL Getting to Know
- A Level French Getting to Know
- A Level AQA French (7652)
- A Level French