Hamlet: A Complete Play Guide for AS & A Level OCR Drama
Give students the opportunity to not only learn about Shakespearean techniques and Elizabethan staging, but to interact with the staging and performance styles of many historical and current theatre-makers. The themes and relationships in the play challenge students to think about how complex texts and subtexts are portrayed on stage.
Fantastically clear explanations, in-depth analysis of key dramatic and theatrical aspects, and a wealth of engaging practical and non-practical activities. Your students will know Hamlet inside out:
- Introductory notes and exploratory activities ensure full understanding of the social, historical, cultural, textual and theatrical contexts
- Scene-by-scene walk-through includes detailed analysis of the relevant performance aspects, with plenty of opportunity for practical investigation and independent study
- Production concepts and performance strategies cover character, design, staging, practitioners and more
- Includes indicative content for all activities to support your teaching and your students
- With key terms glossary – perfect for revision!
Specifically geared towards the AS and A Level text-based question, this comprehensive pack is your one-stop shop!