WJEC Library of Wales Poetry Anthology Activity Pack for GCSE English Literature
Confidence-boosting activities on the 15 prescribed poems from the One Hundred Poets from Wales anthology, explored through the lens of ‘love and loss’.
Flexible – use in class, or dip in and out of for effective homework tasks!
- Pre-reading activities provide a bird’s-eye view of the poem, focusing on the connotations of the titles, the visual representation of the poem and important contextual information.
- During-reading activities guide the student through the poem stanza by stanza, probing imaginative and assured responses to imagery and language, and the effects they create.
- Post-reading activities link to the overall ideas and attitudes conveyed, to encourage developed and thoughtful analysis sure to achieve top marks!
- Whole-collection activities practise essential comparison skills, provoking students to draw links across theme, ideas, messages, form and structure.
Plus! Answers to all activities included and 7 practice questions complete with indicative content for focused assessment practice.
- ‘Antonia’s Story’ by Owen Sheers
- ‘Daylight Robbery’ by Paul Henry
- ‘Eclipse’ by Owen Sheers
- ‘From Father to Son’ by Emyr Humphreys
- ‘From His Coy Mistress’ by Deryn Rees-Jones
- GCSE English Literature
- GCSE English Literature Activity Pack
- GCSE English Poetry Anthology Activity Pack
- GCSE Poetry Anthology
- GCSE WJEC English Literature
- ‘Goodbye’ by Alun Lewis
- ‘In Hospital: Poona’ by Alun Lewis
- ‘In my Craft or Sullen Art’ by Dylan Thomas
- ‘In September’ by John Ormond
- ‘Jugged Hare’ by Jean Earle
- Library of Wales anthology Poetry 1900-2000: One Hundred Poets from Wales
- Love and Loss
- ‘My Box’ by Gillian Clarke
- ‘Not Adlestrop’ by Dannie Abse
- Section B: Welsh Writing in English
- ‘Song’ by Alun Lewis
- ‘Toast’ by Sheenagh Pugh
- ‘Wild Cherry’ by Nigel Jenkins
- WJEC, Unit 3: Shakespeare and Welsh Writing in English