Mastering Maths for A Level OCR A Chemistry
Essential grounding in the key maths skills for AS and A Level Chemistry, now worth at least 20% of exam marks. Builds confidence and proficiency in mathematical manipulation and problem-solving.
Would certainly decrease maths errors
For each skill:
- Step-by-step worked examples to ensure students follow from start to finish.
- Practice questions throughout, with all supporting information provided so students can hone their maths even before learning the topic!
- Full answers for easy marking; students can see where they went wrong and learn from mistakes.
Ideal to use at any time during the course – including for homework or cover lessons!
Particularly recommended for:
- Start-of-course preparation
- Holiday study
- Brushing up at revision time
What do teachers say about this resource? (8115, 8117, 8118, 8119, 8120)
This resource is a great resource allowing both students and teachers alike to gauge the students' understanding of Maths with A-level Chemistry. It is well planned and written; the sections make it particularly useful for individual topics as well as a diagnostic or support tool for students.
The addition of worked examples is a good touch before giving students questions to test themselves, especially since exam boards within Science have been commenting for years that students typically cannot APPLY knowledge.
On the whole, this is an excellent summarised book for chemistry students trying to hone their mathematical skills and would certainly decrease maths errors.
All topics are well explained in simple terms, both in terms of mathematics and chemistry and the mathematical aspect is well incorporated in chemical concepts.