Equus: A Complete Play Guide for AS & A Level Drama
Peter Schaffer’s controversial depiction of a disturbed young man with an unusual obsession makes for a challenging yet rewarding study.
Its unique melding of psychological realism and stylistic expressionism offers students flexible and exciting possibilities for performance and design.
Fantastically clear explanations, in-depth analysis of key dramatic and theatrical aspects, and a wealth of engaging practical and non-practical activities. Your students will know Equus inside out:
- Introductory notes and exploratory activities ensure full understanding of the social, historical, cultural, textual and theatrical contexts
- Scene-by-scene walk-through includes detailed analysis of the relevant performance aspects, with plenty of opportunity for practical investigation and independent study
- Production concepts and performance strategies cover character, design, staging, practitioners and more
A comprehensive and informative guide linking in to exam criteria
- Includes indicative content for all activities to support your teaching and your students
- With key terms glossary – perfect for revision!
Specifically geared towards the AS and A Level text-based question, this thrilling pack is your one-stop shop!
What do teachers say about this resource? (8092)
Excellent. A comprehensive and informative guide linking in to exam criteria
This is a very useful and informative resource. The detailed breakdown of each scene and detailed notes surrounding the context of the play are particularly useful. The activities in this resource could be used by teachers to form their schemes of learning of independently by students for homework, revision, etc. The resource is very valuable, it is informative (detailed notes on the plot) and has a lot of useful research surrounding the social, cultural, political and historical context of the play and its themes. It allows students to get a comprehensive understanding of these things. This will prepare them fully for when they begin to create their own design concept.
- A Level AQA Drama and Theatre (7262)
- A Level Drama
- A Level Drama and Theatre
- A Level Drama Play Guide
- A Level Edexcel Drama and Theatre (9DR0)
- A Level Eduqas Drama and Theatre (A690)
- A Level OCR Drama and Theatre (H459)
- A Level Play Guide
- A Level WJEC Drama and Theatre (1690)
- Drama and Theatre
- Interpreting Theatre
- Set Text
- Text in Performance
- Theatre Makers in Practice