Structured Cover Lessons for GCSE Edexcel Biology
Be prepared for staff absence with 25+ fully resourced, versatile structured cover lesssons. Distributed across the whole new 9–1 spec GCSE Biology course so you’re ready for unplanned cover at any time!
The activities are engaging and learner focused so would need no subject specialist knowledge from the teacher
Structured lessons that supply teachers can pick up easily
- Full plan for every lesson, with resource lists, spec cross-reference & objectives. Ready to use at a moment’s notice!
- Diverse array of activities give opportunities to practise data analysis, practical evaluation and ‘how science works’ style skills, as well as consolidating understanding of core content.
- Distributed across the whole course: always have relevant cover.
Just what a cover teacher needs:
- Answers included for self-marking
- Built-in extension tasks to keep even your fastest finishers on task for the whole lesson
- Textbook references for every lesson
What do teachers say about this resource? (8087, 8088, 8089, 8090, 8175)
I would certainly recommend this resource, I am hugely impressed with the content...This resource is clearly and concisely written at a level that is easily accessible for the learner...
The activities are engaging and learner focused so would need no subject specialist knowledge from the teacher... There is a large number of data handling resources which reflects the types of problems often set as exam questions. These types of activity allow a non-subject specialist to cover the theory associated with practical material, without the need to set up a practical, lab-based teaching session. ... ... ...
The lesson plans can be easily followed by members of staff unfamiliar with science... An excellent, high quality resource.
Marking takes place within the lesson making it a useful exercise for the student and reducing workload for the teacher.
I thought tricky topics like Stem cells and evolution were tackled in an interesting manner with thought provoking questions.
It matches specification perfectly
- Animal coordination, control and homeostasis
- Cells and control
- Ecosystems and material cycles
- Exchange and transport in animals
- GCSE Biology
- GCSE Biology Cover Lessons
- GCSE Cover Lessons
- GCSE Edexcel Biology (1BI0)
- GCSE Edexcel Biology Paper 1
- GCSE Edexcel Biology Paper 2
- GCSE Science Cover Lessons
- Health, disease and the development of medicines
- Key concepts in biology
- Natural selection and genetic modification
- Plant structures and their functions