Heart of Darkness: Comprehensive Guide for AS / A Level
- Edexcel AS and A Level
Conrad’s most enigmatic novel, Heart of Darkness, follows Marlow, a seafaring adventurer, who journeys up the Congo to find the mysterious Mr Kurtz, a man whose insatiable hunger for ivory drives him into the darkest recesses of human nature. Navigate your class across each chapter of Conrad’s intense and compelling colonial narrative with comprehensive analysis and debate-provoking tasks.
Engage your students!
- engaging questions
- key literary and linguistic terms
- >practice essay questions
- Walk-through Thorough section-by-section commentary walks students through each part of the text
- Drawing it all together In-depth discussion of whole text focuses on: characterisation, relationships, genre, themes, language, form, structure, context, literary approaches
- Indicative content Supports teaching by ensuring all key areas are covered
Plus! Glossary of key terms ensures full understanding