Anita and Me Study Guide for GCSE English Literature (First Teaching 2015)
Engage your students and guide your class through this coming-of-age tale with structured analysis and varied activities, all tailored to explore the novel’s powerful themes of belonging, race, culture, love and female empowerment.
Covers all of the key assessment objectives in turn and provides students with everything they need in order to succeed in the exam
- Walkthrough – Build understanding of the chosen text with insightful and relevant commentary and analysis. All chapters are concisely summarised, then examined in detail.
- Whole-text Analysis – Explores: Characterisation • Relationships • Setting • Themes • Ideas and Messages • Language • Form • Structure • Context
- Student-friendly plot summary
- Key term glossary
- Further reading
- Original illustrations
Woven into the analysis throughout you will find:
- Discussion prompts to encourage debate and individual interpretation
- Active learning tasks to deepen understanding
- Essay tips and questions for excellent exam practice
- Key term definitions and wider reading suggestions to ensure students grasp difficult concepts
Suggested answers are provided for questions and activities.
The perfect companion to the Anita and Me GCSE Activity Pack.
What do teachers say about this resource? (7990)
This is a comprehensive resource which is very user-friendly... Allows students to collate the most useful quotes and helps to set the novel into social and historical context. It gives them relevant and pertinent questions regarding each chapter... I like the fact that the AOs are clearly set out at the start, showing students that these are the crucial elements of how they will be assessed... Examples of analysis are excellent, showing students how to respond to the quotes they might use.
Clearly broken down to fit each examination board's examination objectives; it is then broken down further into 'student' speak in an interesting and dynamic way... I found the chapter summary sections with questions and teaching resources extremely valuable, and they would be a ready-made teaching resource... The character notes again are very valuable... The examination guidance pages were very detailed and would be helpful... I can clearly see the benefits for the students...
I thought that this was a very good resource... I liked how specific the information was and how much information there was for each chapter... The character notes are excellent and look really appealing... It would be a useful teaching resource, as well as a useful resource for students to work from independently... It covers all of the key assessment objectives in turn and provides students with everything they need in order to succeed in the exam.
Supplies an essential narrative focus with added commentary on character, themes and context... Detailed context; character studies are balanced; different culture and character summary is good; the extension writing tasks are very good... Aids and supports with knowledge and understanding of plot, characters and themes as well as how context informs these key areas.
- british play or novel
- component 1
- component 2
- comprehensive guide
- debut novel
- different cultures
- exploring modern and literary heritage texts
- individual texts in context
- Meera Syal
- modern prose
- modern texts
- modern texts and poetry
- paper 1
- paper 2
- post-1914 prose
- section A
- set text
- Shakespeare and post-1914 literature
- study guide
- unit 1